Right after he stops by for a quick chat with our head agent…
Anyway, I really gotta finish this with my mate, “around” xmas if not on/before xmas ^^;
Keep your eyes peeled guys, magical fun game coming free to you soon!
I would really like people to place their thoughts on the matter. For me, this applies to my willingness to progress in a field I’m new to but highly driven towards. For anyone else, apply the question to whatever it is you do.
Are you aiming to be a builder? Trying to leave home for the first time? Raising a kid or a puppy? Driving a steam boat?
Why do you do it?
I’m studying at the moment. I have all kinds of reasons to study. Some of the reasons are only valid at certain instances throughout a day, and some are always valid. Some are rarely valid… some may be subconsciously concocted as an anecdote or excuse. In all honesty, I’m not 100% certain why I keep trying to move forward, and I can identify having a reason, or I can make a reason that makes sense, regardless, it’s still valid, I would say it’s fine to have a lot of reasons to do one thing. And some benefits are not reasons exactly, but merely benefits. But mere benefits can also be a reason.
But studying and wanting to do Game development, and WANTING to study are all different things. I want to study, and I NEED to study. The reasons why I WANT to study are different from the reasons I have for NEEDING to study.
Why do I need to study?
– No job, WINZ sucks, student allowance is more secure.
– Need skills, get money, stop my life sucking.
– Need to meet people, otherwise I barely have a chance to show people around me what I’m capable of.
Why do I want to study?
– I am manic depressant and feel worthless enough if I’m not doing something that others can appreciate me for.
– I want to meet people because I’m scared of people, studying puts me amongst people who have similar goals, aspirations and experiences that add to my own.
– I don’t always know what to do with my life, studying keeps me moving in one direction.
– Qualifications are how I can prove that I’m not worthless, that I’ve proven to SOMEONE that I am capable of something.
– I want a luxurious life, affording this within my lifetime will require me earning money faster, I can learn without a course, but being around other students as well as tutors speeds up the process and makes a shortcut to being recognized and remembered. I even doubt my ability to achieve what I want throughout my entire life-span were it not for a way to speed my progression.
– I owe a debt to my parents who put up with me when I’ve been a very needy and frustrating child to look after. They have supported me even when I’ve been an absolute little shit. I also want good things for my family who I love. I’m physically useless at a lot of things, but I can give back to all those who have given to me throughout my life. I can give back to them through what I become and what I CAN do.
These reasons don’t even begin to cover anything…
So, why Game Development???
– Because video games are an inspiration to me, and have taught me a lot of life values. I know there are others out there who get the same.
– Because I’m an artist and artists do amazing things that don’t always get seen sitting in a gallery. As an artist working on games, my art will be seen and appreciated by millions all over the world.
– Because I suck at most things physical, but I can show people things that they would otherwise never see… this is the ONE thing I can do, if i can do ANYTHING right. And for those that appreciate it, I find my place in the world by identifying what I can do for others.
– Because to live the life I want, I need money. I have no choice but to work, I can’t stand jobs, I hate them. Making games is what I hate the least. This makes me love Game Development.
– Because my life now draws from a circle of people who all fight the same battles that I do, and we’re all in Game Development together. I am now with people that understand me the way that others do not, and I understand them, whereas I have a very difficult time connecting with people who don’t play games.
– Because I’m technically inclined, problem solving on a daily basis gets me tingling.
– Because I can’t do anything else… seriously.
– Because I want to show my family that my love of games doesn’t end there, that I can make something of myself who contributes to the world finally thanks to a passion founded by a love of gaming.
– Because I love stories and hate books, and movies just aren’t long enough to quench my imaginative thirst.
My list goes on…
SO WHAT DO YOU DO!?!?!?!?!?
AND WHY DO YOU DO IT!?!?!?!?
FUCKING TELL ME!!!!!!!!!
Learning to use and enhance your experience with mental ray
We make great iPhone games. Period.
2D | 3D Design
Just another WordPress.com weblog