WebGL is just not a good platform for us to build to from unity at the moment. I will continue to use the unity web plugin until mozilla and edge also stop supporting it.
I’ll list all of the issues I have that uniquely pertain to my Unity builds to WebGL:
– Not all the usual post effects are supported (ambient occlusion).
– Generally slower frame rate for NO bloody reason.
– Alpha is handled HORRIBLY, almost would have to cut the use of particle effects. or fade-in tweens.
– I get an uninvited doppler effect on all my sound even when i make damn sure that doppler is disabled!
– I had to download a special media package from microsoft just so my sound files wouldnt get lost when compiling for WebGL.
– Bump sliders are ignored, if you have a normal or bump map, your only choice is to have it at FULL BUMP!
I’m sure there are many more things that make WebGL a worthless piece of crap right now, but I’m gonna stop using WebGL before I find out what those things are!
I’m using vertex color for crying out loud. I don’t even have a texture budget! There’s only ONE skinned asset with bones in this game, all the other assets are using animation directly on their segmented body pieces. There are 5 textures used in my entire game and they are tiny. How can my game POSSIBLY be MORE optimized???? I am getting graphical issues. Flickering objects, flickering UI, black screens, the works!